Chemical Peels should be an essential part of your Skincare regimen...here's why
A Chemical peel is a technique used to rejuvenate the skin. It is also an anti-aging procedure. Chemical solutions of different types can be used. They cause the skin to exfoliate/peel off and new skin to regrow. The new skin is smoother and has a radiant glow.
The chemical peel helps to:
· Treat acne, like the black heads, whiteheads and the mild superficial acne scars.
· lighten pigmentation on skin like sun spots, age spots, freckles, melasma from hormonal causes.
· Minimize fine wrinkles, especially around the eyes, which are caused by chronic sun damage. It does not treat severe wrinkles.
Our skin care professional will assess you and decide which superficial or deep peel is needed and the type of solution to be used. Depending on type and severity of the skin condition, multiple sessions may be required for improvement. The provider applies the solution to exfoliate the skin. The skin will feel a hot sensation for 5 to 10 minutes during the procedure. Within the next few days, the face may be slightly red, scaly, and peel off, depending on the the depth of the peel.
Taking care after the peel
· Cleanse the skin gently and apply post peel creams frequently.
· Do not use your routine anti-aging skin creams till a week later.
· Do not scratch, pick or peel off the scabs.
· Avoid the sun and always apply sunblock
Limitations for Chemical Peel
· Unable to change pore size or broken veins on the skin.
· Unable to remove deep scars, deep wrinkles, sagging skin. Laser and other surgery may be needed.
Types of Peels We Offer:
Skin Ceuticals Peels:
Gel Peel GL
The SkinCeuticals Gel Peel SM is great for use on problematic, sensitive or aging skin. It is effective in repairing photo damaged skin and reducing hyperpigmentation. The salicylic and mandelic acids in this peel work together to exfoliate the skin decongest pores and reduce irritation. This light chemical peel helps improve the appearance of problematic skin and revitalizes sensitive skin.
Gel Peel SM
The SkinCeuticals Gel Peel GL revitalizes sun-damaged skin, while helping to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It contains glycolic and lactic acids, which work together to exfoliate the skin, while reducing irritation and dryness. This peel is particularly beneficial for combating rough texture, dryness and signs of aging in skin. The SkinCeuticals Gel Peel GL was formulated to not only improve the appearance of the skin, but to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin within the skin to make it healthier and more firm.
Pigment Balancing Peel
The ideal treatment to combat unwanted pigment. This peel leaves your skin toned and luminous while also diminishing the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Say goodbye to summer damage by adding this peel to your fall skincare treatments.
Call to book your treatment with us today!